As a student I didn't like group projects. Not in elementary school. Not in high school. Not ever. I just prefer to work alone. I don't want to have to rest on the hope that others will do their job correctly and have that reflect on me. Well adoption seems like a huge group project. All of us 'Americans' are grouped as a team together, and I don't like it. See every Friday we get an email from our agency. It's called a Happy Friday email. It keeps all of us updated on all the different countries our agency is working with.
Well it isn't Happy Friday news for Russia. See one of the members of out 'team' abused their child. My heart breaks for this boy. No child deserves to be abused. My heart also breaks for Vlad (our referral) since the Russians found out about this they are slowing down the process and becoming more cautious, which is good. But it makes me want to yell..."I didn't do that part of the project. I worked hard and will continue to. I won't hurt anyone" But Russia is far away and they can't hear me. The teacher can only see us as a group, and I don't like it.
The bad apple
You can pray that things will move along quickly.
Oh, that's too bad! You get punished for someone elses' awful, unthinkable behavior. I can understand the need to be more cautious, but somethings can't be forseen through extensive paperwork. Unfortunately.
ReplyDelete