This is our third home, and the second one with a yard. Our yard here is awesome. Not really kid playing awesome more like trees and flowers awesome.
We have three huge peony bushes. Luckily I saved these before today's driving rain, wind, and tornado warning.
Also inherited over 20 rosebushes, which bloom all season. Bragging? Yes!
Let's focus on the rose garden in the front yard.
Lovely right? Okay, then there are these. These evil irises.
Well they aren't really that evil, but they just don't look very nice. Even at their peek bloom they were not that pretty. They are a bland like purpleish color and only last for a week or so. I think they take away from the lovely of the rest of the garden. Beside that there are hundreds (no exaggerating)of them in other places around the yard. (back yard, side yard, front yard, everywhere!)
Let's vote.
A. They are awesome. Just trim off the dead blooms, admire the green leaves from now until mid September when you are finally allowed to cut them down for the winter. Repeat for whatever number of year you live at that house.
B. Keep them until September, then dig them up and give them away to someone who thinks they aren't evil mass producing flowers.
C. Dig them up now! Add a new rose bush in the empty spot, re mulch, enjoy.
P.S. I got a little post happy today so be sure to scroll down.
I'm all for a good summer project- I say dig and replant!
ReplyDeleteI vote for: let them stay till Fall, then get rid of them. Weather will be cooler and you'll probably be more invigorated.
ReplyDelete