Saturday, June 18

party decorations

When it came to decorating for Oliver's party I just wanted a few colorful things, nothing crazy. He is two.

First I blew up a bunch of balloons and threw them around his playroom, big hit. Next I cut out a bunch of colorful circles (I guess when you have a boy you can't call them polka dots) and taped them on our front door, symbolizing that the party is here.

Lastly I searched around etsy for some flag banners. You know, little colorful triangles hanging from ribbon that you can tie up and use year after year. Etsy was too expensive for me.

Etsy was too expensive and I am not the owner of a sewing machine and even if I was I would have no idea how to use it. So, I checked in with my friend Kiley over at Anabelle's Attic to see if she could make them.

You can find all sorts of baby stuff in a variety of fabrics over there. Like burp cloths, changing pads, and diaper bags. If you don't see a fabric that you like/want you can usually ask for something that will fit you better. I ordered these reusable snack bags for Oliver and requested some sort of owl fabric for him. Point being, visit the site I'm sure you will find something you can't live with out and for a good price.

Anyway, flag banners is what I needed. Who doesn't? However, they were not listed on her site. I emailed her at kiley@walkingalready.com and sent the link to the etsy site and asked if she could make something similar. I requested bright colors and polka dots spots if possible. She practiced and got back to me with a photo of what she created, I liked it, and she said she could make me three for $40. Yeah I need three flag banners.

One for the fire place

One for the kitchen window

One for the balcony

I'll give myself a pat on the back for being such a great muse. You can now order flag banners right off the site. Come on that 4th of July one is adorable, and yes you need three also.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh, yes, m husband will be so excited that you showed this to me!!! ;o) (however, he is a July 4th baby, so those would come in super handy each year!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trisha. Thanks for the great post. Picture came out fantastic. Hope your enjoying Father's Day weekend. Hugs.

    Kiley

    ReplyDelete