I find this site to be amazing. It's filled with fun and creative things for kids, and it's awesome, and it's totally inspiring or totally overwhelming...I usually feel both emotions simultaneously.
Two things that seem very commonly used are sensory tables and light boxes. Both items can be pretty pricey at school specialty stores. Both items can also be DIYed at home. Scroll around here for some fun sensory and light box activities. Overwhelming, right? But totally fun looking too!
Then I googled around for DIY light boxes. This one is made from a train table and looks really professional...we don't have a train table. Another site has views of a variety of tables. I decided to make a light box out of a storage bin, inspiration found right here. She used small battery operated florescent lights, all I heard was battery operated and I tuned out. Electricity is cheaper then batteries even rechargeable. I used Christmas lights, because I had them on hand and they don't need batteries.
Two things that seem very commonly used are sensory tables and light boxes. Both items can be pretty pricey at school specialty stores. Both items can also be DIYed at home. Scroll around here for some fun sensory and light box activities. Overwhelming, right? But totally fun looking too!
Then I googled around for DIY light boxes. This one is made from a train table and looks really professional...we don't have a train table. Another site has views of a variety of tables. I decided to make a light box out of a storage bin, inspiration found right here. She used small battery operated florescent lights, all I heard was battery operated and I tuned out. Electricity is cheaper then batteries even rechargeable. I used Christmas lights, because I had them on hand and they don't need batteries.
| bubbles |
Yes, I'm going to pin you! ;o) Great idea!
ReplyDeleteoooo! Cool idea!! My girls would love it! Now to just get motivated....
ReplyDeleteThanks ladies!!
ReplyDelete