Monday, February 25

snow day(s)

It doesn't snow in Kansas, well it hasn't snowed more than two inches at a time since I've been here.  Until this winter.  We better take advantage of it...what if it doesn't snow again for another 2-3 years? 

It's a little tricky with Lydia, I don't think she does snow so I play out with Oliver when Jim happens to be home, which is not very often.  Other times I let him play outside when Lydia is sleeping so I can play a little with him and keep popping into the house to make sure she is okay. 


Yesterday we spray painted some snow.

-food coloring
-water
-spray bottles




ready to play






"now I will paint the tree"






shoveling with daddy




We are getting another 8-15 inches of snow this afternoon/evening/tomorrow.  Hopefully we can get some fun sledding and snowman building in.  Then on Thursday the babes and I are road tripping to Texas.  Hello mid 50s, hello IKEA.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I can't believe all the snow you got. But it looks like you made good use of an unpleasant weather event (at least that's how I view snow), and Oliver had a great time.

    And I love your "poop" story. There's something about being the mom of a couple of "little people" that removes all sense of propriety, isn't there?

    ReplyDelete