This year Oliver went to preschool two mornings a week, five hours in total, nothing heroic. I think preschool is important because I was a kindergarten teacher and I know there are just some things you can't "learn" at home. Things like being a part of a group, line walking, turn taking, listening to other's stories, sitting on the rug, etc. Yes, you can learn these things when you show up to kindergarten, but it's nice to feel confident. Of course, he also got to practice academic skills and made some friends. Anyway, I'm not here to convince you to send your kid to preschool, I'm here to show you adorable photos of Oliver on his last day.
walking into school
end of the day with miss sue
Let's flashback to the first day of school...

He looks so grown up in the last day of preschool picture! And he's so handsome! :-) And I'm sure smart as a whip!
ReplyDeleteWhen I saw the blue shirt I thought they were the first day photos. Because I remember the first day post and I was blown away by how grown up he looked. But now I'm all schmoopy because he REALLY looks so much MORE grown up than the first day. And that would mean both our boys are growing up and WAHHHHHHHHHHH I can NOT deal with that!!
ReplyDelete