Tuesday, September 17

late night practice

People keep asking about Lydia crawling.  She must hear me talking about her.  Saying things like "she's not crawling yet, but she pushes herself backwards to get what she needs." Or "she scoots around while seated to get Oliver's trains."

Well, I think she is starting to feel the pressure.  She has ramped up her crawling practice.  Normally she was practicing at church, in the toy room, the living room, other normal crawling practice locations at normal practice times.  Until last night, last night Lydia decided that 3am would be an awesome time to give it a go. 

It went like this....

Wake up, roll to over to belly, get on all fours, realize I can't actually crawl, cry, mom or dad come in, flip me over, shush me, I fall back asleep pretend to sleep until they think they have victoriously put me back to bed. Then I flip back over and try it again, and again, and again, until realizing I can't crawl, and it's 4:15am, I'm defeated and I'm actually sleepy.  I wake a few hours later all smiley and cheerful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment