Sweet Lydia is a year and a half!
Take a look back here to see her 12 month post. She is looking much more toddler and much less baby. How sweet to see her growing into a little girl. Her hair is even almost doable, well not really.


Lydia
-May have completed nursing. We were down to just nursing before bed, the past few nights I've had Jim put her to bed, and she doesn't seem to have any issue with that and continues to sleep through the night. 12 hours straight! (don't tell her I told you, she my want to prove me wrong)
-Is doing much better eating solid food and seems to enjoy a variety of foods. We think her top favorites are milk, yogurt, shrimp, bananas, pasta, and smoothies.
-She has 12 teeth and 4 incisors that are every so slowly trying to push through.
-Walks, walks backwards, just starting to try to run.
-Enjoys riding in the cozy coup car, driving a little ride on firetruck, and pushing the little guy we watch around in the stroller.
-Loves to climb and can pull herself up on the kitchen chair and then on to the table where she likes to perch and play or just look around. Also, is beginning to climb on structures at the playground.
-Lydia has signs for "please" "milk" "all done" "uh oh" "where is it" "water" and we are starting to work on "thank you"
-She folds her adorable little hands when we pray before dinner.
-She likes to raise her hand when someone asks a questions. Who wants to go swimming after dinner? Hand up, it's so fun, Oliver totally taught her that.
-Sometimes I hear Oliver say something like "Lydia let's go play in the toy room" then she waddles on in there after him. Squeee, that's precious.
Take a look back here to see her 12 month post. She is looking much more toddler and much less baby. How sweet to see her growing into a little girl. Her hair is even almost doable, well not really.
Lydia
-May have completed nursing. We were down to just nursing before bed, the past few nights I've had Jim put her to bed, and she doesn't seem to have any issue with that and continues to sleep through the night. 12 hours straight! (don't tell her I told you, she my want to prove me wrong)
-Is doing much better eating solid food and seems to enjoy a variety of foods. We think her top favorites are milk, yogurt, shrimp, bananas, pasta, and smoothies.
-She has 12 teeth and 4 incisors that are every so slowly trying to push through.
-Walks, walks backwards, just starting to try to run.
-Enjoys riding in the cozy coup car, driving a little ride on firetruck, and pushing the little guy we watch around in the stroller.
-Loves to climb and can pull herself up on the kitchen chair and then on to the table where she likes to perch and play or just look around. Also, is beginning to climb on structures at the playground.
-Lydia has signs for "please" "milk" "all done" "uh oh" "where is it" "water" and we are starting to work on "thank you"
-She folds her adorable little hands when we pray before dinner.
-She likes to raise her hand when someone asks a questions. Who wants to go swimming after dinner? Hand up, it's so fun, Oliver totally taught her that.
-Sometimes I hear Oliver say something like "Lydia let's go play in the toy room" then she waddles on in there after him. Squeee, that's precious.
here are her "where is it" hands
Lydia is not much of a talker but she does say a few things.
-mama
-dada
-Oliver (ahh vrr)
-something like ariplane
-ice (ssssss)
-vrooom
-woof woof
and she seems to be trying harder to repeat things that we ask her to
She may not talk a lot, but she seems to understand 90% of what we say. She follows simple directions, gets things was ask her to, grabs her shoes (something Oliver can't even do) and waits by the door when we need to leave, and is exploring more independent play. She enjoys playing with legos, hugging her dolls, stacking blocks, playing with toy food, terrorizing whatever Oliver is playing with, and eating markers. She also enjoys playing outside in her swing, in the baby pool, at the big neighborhood pool, and trying her best to run into the road.
Oliver and Lydia have their check ups later in the month, I'll update her weight and height at that time. Seems to me like she is getting longer and leaner and less of a chubsy baby. Most of her clothes are size 18-24 months. When I pick them out I always think they look huge, then I put them on her and the fit just fine. Sigh...so big.
Doctor update 6-27-14
Lydia behaves at the doctor the way I expect that most people want to, but don't. The medical assistant comes out, doesn't even say Lydia's name and Lydia drops boneless to the ground, she knows. We make it to the back room and the assistant asks me questions about Lydia's development while Lydia cries and I undress her. Next we have to attempt to get her weight, nope she isn't going to stand on that scale, or sit on it. Oliver models how to do it, nope she still isn't going to. We lay her on the baby scale. The doctor comes in and Lydia continues to model the strength of her lungs while the doctor looks her over.
Lydia, at 22lbs and 32.5 inches is right at the 50%
The doctor has slight concern about her language development. She understands sooo much but verbally expresses much much less. Like I said above she signs a few things and says a few more, but is a smidge behind. The average is 8-10 words now, and 50 by age 2. Well, we've got 6 months to learn about 43 more words. It's hard for me to be too concerned at this point, because at 20 months Oliver didn't say anything and wasn't behind when assessed at 24 months. Though I knew language was going to be an issue for him so I worked really hard on getting him to talk, I may be a little more lax with Lydia. Time to step it up.
Doctor update 6-27-14
Lydia behaves at the doctor the way I expect that most people want to, but don't. The medical assistant comes out, doesn't even say Lydia's name and Lydia drops boneless to the ground, she knows. We make it to the back room and the assistant asks me questions about Lydia's development while Lydia cries and I undress her. Next we have to attempt to get her weight, nope she isn't going to stand on that scale, or sit on it. Oliver models how to do it, nope she still isn't going to. We lay her on the baby scale. The doctor comes in and Lydia continues to model the strength of her lungs while the doctor looks her over.
Lydia, at 22lbs and 32.5 inches is right at the 50%
The doctor has slight concern about her language development. She understands sooo much but verbally expresses much much less. Like I said above she signs a few things and says a few more, but is a smidge behind. The average is 8-10 words now, and 50 by age 2. Well, we've got 6 months to learn about 43 more words. It's hard for me to be too concerned at this point, because at 20 months Oliver didn't say anything and wasn't behind when assessed at 24 months. Though I knew language was going to be an issue for him so I worked really hard on getting him to talk, I may be a little more lax with Lydia. Time to step it up.
being silly with daddy
Oliver always likes to get his time
in front of the camera
in front of the camera
| this is the best I could get of them together |
What's that? You recognize the shirt she is wearing. You're right, you've seen it before. I was her Easter dress from Easter 2013. It's just so cute, I had to squeeze her into the 3-6 month dress one last time.
No comments:
Post a Comment