Michelle stopped by for visit #2, yesterday evening. It was a much shorter more business like meeting. I was happy to give her back all the paperwork that she gave us, all completed. However, she still managed to give us more homework. We need to rack up ten hours each of adoption education. This confuses me a bit and I need to check with our adoption agency to see what qualifies. We have ordered a few books from amazon and are familiar with some online resources.
Good news is by the time we finish the education piece our fingerprints, background checks, and references should be completed and then we can be done with the homestudy and move on to filing an I-600a (Application for Advance Processing of Orphan Petition) It's actually a fairly simple form and we have already collected the supporting documents! Just need a completed homestudy. Maybe 2 weeks.
In other news. Jim took on the project of finding a psychologist who would do these necessary tests we need. We finally found someone in Lincoln and I had an appointment for today and Jim had one for next week. Jim talked with the insurance people to make sure it would all be covered. They said yes!!! Well the doctor called yesterday and said he will not submit our claim to the insurance company because this is not a medically necessary visit or medically necessary tests. Jim is frustrated. Back to the beginning. Lucky for us we have a bit of time to get that all figured out.
No comments:
Post a Comment