Monday, January 4

adoption education

Our homestudy is in the process of being written by our social worker here in Nebraska. It's a 10ish page paper about us. While she writes that and we wait for our fingerprints to go through Jim and I have to complete 10 hours each of adoption education. Believe me we are not complaining about this. We need adoption education. There are two basic options.
1. Read an adoption related book and write a summary of it.
2. Take an online class and print the certificate.
Online courses are self explanatory. It just tells you how many hours it is worth, but what about a book. I e-mail our girl Maeven from adoption ark to ask. Turns out each book + summary is worth 1 hour of education. I'm a fast reader....but not that fast. I feel a bit of pressure because our homestudy can't be finalized until we do this.

Why am I writing? I need to go read.

No comments:

Post a Comment