Always in search of ways to consume more vegetables, is that true for anyone else? I made vegetable soup a couple nights ago. Night one I served it was these. Click the link, and check out the BEST BLT! I've never enjoyed a BLT because raw tomatoes are so icky! However, once slow roasted they are simply amazing. I will point out that the recipe says to cook the tomatoes for 4 hours. I read that about 1 hour before I was hoping to have dinner finished....am I the only one that see the picture and fails to read everything else? Oh well, increased the temp and decreased the time and called it yummy. The next day I sauteed some Italian turkey sausage and threw it in the soup, because my husband refuses to call it dinner if it doesn't have meat.
Vegetable Soup
ingredients
-olive oil
-yellow onion, diced
-2 celery ribs, chopped
-1 bay leaf
-some thyme, fresh or dried, as much as you like
-3 carrots, peeled and chopped
-2 parsnips, peeled and chopped (parsnips look like white carrots and have a spicy flavor)
-1 medium turnip, peeled and chopped
-1 can of diced tomatoes, 12oz
-1 1/2 quarts of chicken stock or vegetable stock, just be sure to use stock not broth, broth is lame
-1 can of garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
-salt & pepper
1. Heat up a drizzle of olive oil in a soup pot, add the onion, celery, bay leaf, thyme and cook for five minutes or until the onions are soft.
2. Add the carrots, parsnips, and turnips. Continue cooking for five minutes
3. Add the tomatoes and stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat a simmer for 40 minutes or until all the vegetables are tender.
4. Add the beans and salt & pepper, heat through
5. Enjoy!
Vegetable Soup
ingredients
-olive oil
-yellow onion, diced
-2 celery ribs, chopped
-1 bay leaf
-some thyme, fresh or dried, as much as you like
-3 carrots, peeled and chopped
-2 parsnips, peeled and chopped (parsnips look like white carrots and have a spicy flavor)
-1 medium turnip, peeled and chopped
-1 can of diced tomatoes, 12oz
-1 1/2 quarts of chicken stock or vegetable stock, just be sure to use stock not broth, broth is lame
-1 can of garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
-salt & pepper
1. Heat up a drizzle of olive oil in a soup pot, add the onion, celery, bay leaf, thyme and cook for five minutes or until the onions are soft.
2. Add the carrots, parsnips, and turnips. Continue cooking for five minutes
3. Add the tomatoes and stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat a simmer for 40 minutes or until all the vegetables are tender.
4. Add the beans and salt & pepper, heat through
5. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment