Friday, April 13

splendid

The other day I hand something to Oliver and he says, no joke, "I can't thank you enough, I feel splendid"  Wait, what?  "I can't thank you enough, I feel splendid"  Okay, your welcome buddy.  Scratching my head I wonder where on earth that came from.  When Jim gets home I ask him if he taught Oliver to say that.  Umm no Trisha, that wasn't me.  Okay. 

Dinner is eaten, Oliver is congratulated for peeing in the potty all day, and thus is allowed to request a DVD.  As usual he requests "Cranky Bugs" which is a Thomas DVD that has a few different 10 minute episodes.  Jim is washing the dishes, I'm putting stuff away, and Oliver is watching the show.  Then I hear it "I can't thank you enough, I feel splendid"  says the Old Slow Coach after Thomas and friends have saved her from being turned into scrap. 

Such a random line to remember, but such a wonderful one!  Hilarious. 

3 comments:

  1. Too funny! Isn't it crazy the stuff that comes out of their mouths?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaah! I love when you can match up some of the silly stuff with something on their cartoons. For us it was "what a messy mess!". Turns out Minnie says that when her bows become a mess on the floor.

    P.S. I am simply waiting on some actual warm weather and sun and I'm building that sprinkler!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's pretty stinkin cute! Aren't you glad you have the blog to remember this stuff?

    ReplyDelete