Ah the preschool/elementary school "walk of shame." You know it. It's when your kid comes home in that extra pair of clothes that you sent in for accidents. In my history as a kindergarten teacher the most popular accidents include...
-peeing or pooping in your pants
-drama at the water fountain or sink
-inability to open your milk at lunch thus resulting in a milk explosion
-other lunch related issues
-mud or water found outside at recess or on a nature walk
-sudden rain storm while navigating the streets of Boston
-snack issues
-paint problems
-puke
-bloody nose
There may be more, but at the current time I can't think of them.
Anyway, I went to pick Oliver up from preschool today and he was wearing "those clothes." I ask, "Oh man did you forget to pee in the potty?" Nope. "Did you have a hard time eating your yogurt snack?" Nope. "Did you get messy outside, did you do messy art, did you have a problem at the sink?" Nope. Nope. Nope. I turn to his teacher. Then she tells me a reason I've actually not come across.
That's right, my kid took a shower in the urinal. His teachers says "He really likes water."
Yeah I know. Maybe I went a little overboard with the whole "tub is not torture" series back in 2011.
-peeing or pooping in your pants
-drama at the water fountain or sink
-inability to open your milk at lunch thus resulting in a milk explosion
-other lunch related issues
-mud or water found outside at recess or on a nature walk
-sudden rain storm while navigating the streets of Boston
-snack issues
-paint problems
-puke
-bloody nose
There may be more, but at the current time I can't think of them.
Anyway, I went to pick Oliver up from preschool today and he was wearing "those clothes." I ask, "Oh man did you forget to pee in the potty?" Nope. "Did you have a hard time eating your yogurt snack?" Nope. "Did you get messy outside, did you do messy art, did you have a problem at the sink?" Nope. Nope. Nope. I turn to his teacher. Then she tells me a reason I've actually not come across.
HE PUT HIS HEAD IN THE URINAL WHILE SIMULTANEOUSLY FLUSHING IT!!!!!!
That's right, my kid took a shower in the urinal. His teachers says "He really likes water."
Yeah I know. Maybe I went a little overboard with the whole "tub is not torture" series back in 2011.
<3 it! Thanks for the giggle!
ReplyDeleteThat is soooo funny. Raising kids is quite the adventure, isn't it.
ReplyDeleteOliver is my favorite.
ReplyDeleteIt's clearly their fault for installing a URINAL in a PRESCHOOL. I mean WTH were they thinking?! This is the water table generation for cripes sakes!!
ReplyDeleteLOL!. I enjoy reading your blog. As a former preschool teacher this one made me laugh so hard it hurt.
ReplyDelete