Thursday, November 21

christmas gifts, a review of last year

Last year I wrote this post sharing the gifts that we purchased for Oliver.  I think the test for a good Christmas gift is that when Christmas roll around again you 1. still own the gift and 2. still play with it

The post in the above link contains links to amazon, to make your shopping even easier.  

So let's grade last years gifts.



ukelele, love
CD player, use it all the time
CD books, he likes them and he likes borrowing others from the library



meh, I think it will be more fun Lydia can play with him





of course he loves train stuff, and it's free since we have
a huge stash in our basement from when Jim was a kid


Oliver also got a Duplo fire station set and two big bases for
his duplos.  We go through lego phases, sometimes we
play with legos all the time and sometimes we take a month
or so off. 




All in all I think last years gifts were a success.  I'm trying to stay clear of  tech gifts.  I like toys, I like building, I like being creative, and I really want to inspire that in Oliver and Lydia.  Also, I spend a lot of time playing with Oliver and Lydia, so I think it's better for my parenting if I buy toys I like to play with!  Tomorrow, I'll share what I got Oliver for Christmas this year.  Yes, I'm already done with his shopping.  Zuiliy had some great deals that I couldn't pass over. 













































No comments:

Post a Comment