A simple to do list.
-recycle the glass bottles at the glass bottle recycling place
-drop off donations at the goodwill, and poke around inside for hidden treasures
-buy sponges at the dollar store
Glass recycling, no problem.
Sponges, easy.
Drop off donations, standard practice
Hunt for treasures, disaster.
We go in the goodwill. It always smells so, goodwill, a big mash up of what everyone's basement smells like all in one place. But I've digressed. I put Lydia in the cart. Oliver begs to drive it. I walk at the front of the cart guiding him from running down other shoppers, or mirrors, or racks of clothes. I stop, let go, poke at a chalkboard that might have promise.
CRASH
SCREAMING
CRYING
Oliver, in the span of maybe three seconds, has dumped the cart over on him. He's on the floor. Lydia is on him. The cart is on both of them. All eyes are on us.
No bumps or blood, everyone is fine, just scared. No treasures were found.
Lesson learned: Those tiny carts are lame and 4 year olds are not qualified drivers.
Moving on. We bought a bunch of different sponges because my kids love water, and it's just another fun way to play with water.
They are entertained for long enough time to make dinner, the floor around them gets cleaned, and everyone is happy. Winning all around.
-recycle the glass bottles at the glass bottle recycling place
-drop off donations at the goodwill, and poke around inside for hidden treasures
-buy sponges at the dollar store
Glass recycling, no problem.
Sponges, easy.
Drop off donations, standard practice
Hunt for treasures, disaster.
We go in the goodwill. It always smells so, goodwill, a big mash up of what everyone's basement smells like all in one place. But I've digressed. I put Lydia in the cart. Oliver begs to drive it. I walk at the front of the cart guiding him from running down other shoppers, or mirrors, or racks of clothes. I stop, let go, poke at a chalkboard that might have promise.
CRASH
SCREAMING
CRYING
Oliver, in the span of maybe three seconds, has dumped the cart over on him. He's on the floor. Lydia is on him. The cart is on both of them. All eyes are on us.
No bumps or blood, everyone is fine, just scared. No treasures were found.
Lesson learned: Those tiny carts are lame and 4 year olds are not qualified drivers.
Moving on. We bought a bunch of different sponges because my kids love water, and it's just another fun way to play with water.
| big sponges, small sponges, some cut, some not I rinsed the sponges off with hot water before giving then to the kids |
| add trucks and animals for a car wash animal bath |
They are entertained for long enough time to make dinner, the floor around them gets cleaned, and everyone is happy. Winning all around.
What is goodwill? Something like flea market? I suppose we don´t have anything like that in the Czech Republic.
ReplyDeleteGoodwill is a store where people donate things that they no longer want and then the store sells it. It helps create jobs and money for people in need. There is usually a lot of really random items for little money. Similar to a flea market.
Delete