Our caseworker got our dossier this morning. She said everything looked good. Now we work on dossier #2 while we wait to hear about our first trip to Siberia.
Now, as you know, no day is complete without a trip to see my girl Jan at Fedex. Today I went to see her to mail our I-600a off to the Department of Homeland Security. The I-600a is basically a form asking our government here in the U.S. to check and make sure we are okay to adopt a child. See the state of Nebraska says we are okay, but that's not good enough. Now we wait for them to set us up with an appointment to get fingerprinted, again, and wait for them to send us I-171H...approval form. Rumor has it this should take 6-8 weeks, key word...should. I hear they are working quite behind. I'm going to pray hard for April 1st. I would highly encourage you to do the same.
Awesome congrats!
ReplyDeleteDid you get Dossier 2 instructions, how do they look?
Jenny