Wednesday, July 28

got paint?

I met our home inspection guy, our pest control dude, and the radon testing man over at the new house today. The inspection guy found a hand full of minor things. Some wood rot on a few windows, a broken sensor on the garage door, a loose toilet, some downspouts that need to be extended, and most windows are painted shut minus one that is painted open. Ha! However, all the major really important things(heating, cooling, roof, electrical)are in good working order. The sellers will be given the list of items to repair. Oh how I love being a buyer!
The pest control dude says No bugs! Excellent because I'm not a huge fan. He recommends we pull some of the mulch away from the house because, termites are not living there now but they would love to.
The radon testing man said he would get back to me in 48 hours with the results of the test. Lets hope for a low score because radon terrifies me. If the score is above a four the sellers have agreed to install a radon mitigation system (stuff to get rid of the toxic lung cancer causing gas)


So great we are bug free and structurally stable on to the cosmetic aspect of the house. Let's just say the owners loved to paint...everything. They painted the cabinets, the trim, the doors, the fireplace, the walls, the deck, everything. Everything in the house is either white, brown, or red with seemingly no rhyme or reason. Some trim is white some is super glossy white and some is brown. Upstairs all the walls, trim, windows, and doors are an interesting shade of brown. The dining room is RED really really red. Our solution. Hire the pros to fix all the trim and doors. Unify the house with nice white trim, doors, and stair railings. When they are done I'll paint the walls. None will be red and not so many will be brown. If you don't like painting don't plan on visiting me over the next few months. If you do like painting and homemade treats well come on by. Closing is at the end of August.

If you live in the Kansas City area and have a recommendation for a painter to use or a warning about someone to not use, that would be great.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for you! Glad you found a home. I dislike painting greatly, so I won't be stopping by. I'll be thinking of you though! ;)

    ReplyDelete