Friday, July 9

moving


As a child I moved a lot. I got used to packing up and heading off. I never liked moving but I got really good at it. I think it's the reason I don't save anything. The more you save the more damn boxes you have to carry up and down the stairs!

Well I've been married for just 4 years and we are moving on to house #3. South Boston, Lincoln, and now Kansas City. But moving is totally different now and much more welcomed. We move for a purpose, Jim's job. Since it's a company move it's really nice. On Monday all these burly moving men will show up at my door with a ton of boxes, tape, stickers, and a chart to organize everything. They'll pack up everything (most everything no plants, bleach, gas, frozen food, duh)shove it in their truck and drive it off to storage. Eventually, Jim and I will find a lovely Kansas house and we'll call them and they will just bring everything to our new house. They would unpack it for me, but I don't let them. I would rather have a bunch of boxes around than piles of stuff. Don't worry when I have all the boxes unpacked I just call them and they pick them up. This is nothing like when I was a kid.

The sad part is always leaving friends...

4 comments:

  1. Luckily this move isn't so far away. Wish you luck and I'm so sorry I'm not going to be here to help out. I guess it doesn't sound like you'll have tons to do thanks to the big burly (and probably stinky!) men. :-)

    It's going to be so weird without you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to see you go...Good luck to you in Kansas City! I will still be anxious to hear all about your adoption through this great blog of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going to miss you so much. But I am so very happy for you and know you will be great. Just don't forget to call me once in awhile. I know you're all independent an stuff but you NEED me!!! :) love you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Michelle, I know I NEED you.

    ReplyDelete