Trips to the doctor are not my favorite. I like the eye doctor because, beside that puff of air, they don't poke or annoy and at the end I get to pick out new glasses...good times! The dentist might be my second favorite, some poking, extreme gaging during the x-ray, but usually no cavities (3 in my life) and a new toothbrush when you go! The general practitioner however...yuck. I only go when I am forced. Usually something like "you need a physical or you can't have this job" fine. This time it was, "you need a physical or you can't have a Russian" fine.
I get there at 9:30 and the place is already busy. I know I need blood taken so I'm a little nervous, I'm such a baby. However, I have to stay calm or my blood pressure will be through the roof which I'm sure makes you have to visit the doctor even more. Stayed calm enough to pull off 118/64. Oh and I grew a half inch since I was measured last year.
After height, weight, blood pressure girl leaves I get to sit alone on that annoying table in the examining room. I've grown a half inch but my feet still don't touch the foot rest. The walls in the room are thin and I can hear the people on either side of me being examined. I try to listen to the buzz of the light but it fails to drowned out these load aging ladies on either side of me. Since I had to experience this, now you shall too. "Well I feel that one of your ovaries is lower than the other, but don't worry it is not falling out yet" Falling out! Oh my. Closely fallowed by the woman on the side being reassured before her rectal exam "don't worry I have small fingers" Oh lord, this is my future. Shortly after that the doctor with the "small fingers" voice came to my room. Lucky for me everything seems to be in its proper location.
The doctor asks me what fertility problems led to us adopting. I guess that's what everyone thinks. Co-workers would say "oh I know what you are going though" or "my daughter has the same problem" I tell the doctor my fertility "problem" is we decided to adopt first. Biological kid, maybe later.
After my exam I give the doctor the form he needs to fill out for our adoption. He writes no or negative to all the diseases in the sheet. Then there is a spot for him to write my life expectancy. As if this doctor could possible tell from the 15 minutes he spent with me, but we do what Russia says. Anyway, yesterday he wrote on Jim's sheet that he was going to live to be 90 and he wrote the same for me..hello 2072!!
YAY! 2072 is a good year!
ReplyDeleteoh Trisha thats great news!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im so very happy for u and ur husband - I hope this proces goes faster than expected 4 u and you bring home the bundle of love you've been waiting for......you have come a very long way and im extremely proud of you and the way your life has turned out............you should be proud of all your accomplishments......I love and miss you - I will keep reading ur blog to keep up dated on ur progress........Good luck honey!!!
ReplyDeletehey Trisha the Anonymous post is from me - Donna F. - I didnt realize my name wouldnt show after I posted something on ur blog - ive never done this before........sorry about that.........
ReplyDeleteHilarious! I hate going to the doc too!
ReplyDeleteWhere's Broeker when you need her?
ReplyDeleteToo funny! The Dr. for mine just put "long" for life expectancy. She wouldn't put a year! :)
ReplyDeleteI hope they don't decide I will live to be 90,,,,
ReplyDeleteI went for my physical last week and it was the most extensive one I have ever had. Her first question to me was...."Are you dry yet?" Remember I am almost 71 years old.....the answer is no ! !
If any young women don't like that female talk, get over it.....You too will be asked that question some day.... chuckle chuckle ! ! ! !