This afternoon we go back to church for an all church meeting to vote on hiring a worship pastor. I come in from yard work throw on a less smelly shirt, some jeans, and the shoes described above. The meeting goes well and the church votes to hire this guy, excellent. After the church lets out people are milling around and chatting. I notice this lady I don't know (I don't know many people, we just moved here) looking at my feet. I turn to say hi but she turns around the other way. I turn back to chat with Jim and she spins back, bends over, and lifts up my pant leg to check out my shoes. Or is she shaming me for wearing black shoes and brown socks? Come on, they are high tops I didn't plan on anyone seeing the socks. I quickly turn back and she has disappeared into the crowd. Hmmm.
Sunday, October 24
have a question, just ask
I have a pair of black high top converse. I found them at my favorite used clothing store in Boston. They were unused and only $16. I would say that these are an extremely common pair of shoes. Many people have them and they are all over the place, nothing too special. Right?
This afternoon we go back to church for an all church meeting to vote on hiring a worship pastor. I come in from yard work throw on a less smelly shirt, some jeans, and the shoes described above. The meeting goes well and the church votes to hire this guy, excellent. After the church lets out people are milling around and chatting. I notice this lady I don't know (I don't know many people, we just moved here) looking at my feet. I turn to say hi but she turns around the other way. I turn back to chat with Jim and she spins back, bends over, and lifts up my pant leg to check out my shoes. Or is she shaming me for wearing black shoes and brown socks? Come on, they are high tops I didn't plan on anyone seeing the socks. I quickly turn back and she has disappeared into the crowd. Hmmm.
This afternoon we go back to church for an all church meeting to vote on hiring a worship pastor. I come in from yard work throw on a less smelly shirt, some jeans, and the shoes described above. The meeting goes well and the church votes to hire this guy, excellent. After the church lets out people are milling around and chatting. I notice this lady I don't know (I don't know many people, we just moved here) looking at my feet. I turn to say hi but she turns around the other way. I turn back to chat with Jim and she spins back, bends over, and lifts up my pant leg to check out my shoes. Or is she shaming me for wearing black shoes and brown socks? Come on, they are high tops I didn't plan on anyone seeing the socks. I quickly turn back and she has disappeared into the crowd. Hmmm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is weird, Trisha. I can't wait to hear about your next encounter with this rude woman at the next church function!
ReplyDelete