I've mentioned it before, I really hate that green light on smoke detectors. Whatever, I think the green light means aliens are watching or coming or something creepy. In the past two places we have lived I've covered them with duct tape, only in my bedroom.
Tonight we put Oliver to bed like normal. Lights out at 8:00. 8:15 Oliver leaves his room to come downstairs and have a chat with me. I swiftly return him, as Jim is already fast asleep. Well this continues on for a bit. He gets up, opens the door, I return him. 9:00, the crying starts and the get up get put back pattern continues. 9:30, I pick him up and sit in the rocking chair. I ask him what's wrong, is there something creepy. Points to the smoke detector, this isn't the first time he has expressed concern with that alien machine. I tell him it's just a nice light for him to look at during the night, but he isn't buying it. I tell him that if he doesn't like it he can look the other way, no not buying that either...well it worked last time. Anyway, we go find some duct tape, cover the alien light, get tucked back in bed, see that the light is gone, whimper a little, and go to sleep. I knew I couldn't be the only one.
Tonight we put Oliver to bed like normal. Lights out at 8:00. 8:15 Oliver leaves his room to come downstairs and have a chat with me. I swiftly return him, as Jim is already fast asleep. Well this continues on for a bit. He gets up, opens the door, I return him. 9:00, the crying starts and the get up get put back pattern continues. 9:30, I pick him up and sit in the rocking chair. I ask him what's wrong, is there something creepy. Points to the smoke detector, this isn't the first time he has expressed concern with that alien machine. I tell him it's just a nice light for him to look at during the night, but he isn't buying it. I tell him that if he doesn't like it he can look the other way, no not buying that either...well it worked last time. Anyway, we go find some duct tape, cover the alien light, get tucked back in bed, see that the light is gone, whimper a little, and go to sleep. I knew I couldn't be the only one.
Too Funny!
ReplyDeletefunny. sorry i am about 20 days behind on reading your blog.
ReplyDelete