Tuesday, November 1

super belly button

Oliver has an umbilical hernia, it's like a super outie belly button.  The orphanage said "gym class will help it"  The doctor said "ab work should help it"  So Oliver goes to the gym to do his ab work.  He has until age five to strengthen his ab muscles enough so the pull his button back in, or at least more in.  If it starts hurting or isn't in enough around age five he will have to have a simple surgery to fix it. 

Super belly button (July 2010) 


Less super? (October 2011)





7 comments:

  1. I still think it is the most super belly button around. <3 Gold star for abs of steel Oliver!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That looks great! He reminds me of my oldest (who is also more of a monkey-hybrid, I'm sure of it), and I can see how such a change could happen in about a year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a timely post. We just took our newly adopted daughter to Tufts Adoption Clinic and she has an umbilical hernia also. The doctor recommended we see a surgeon for an assessment asap and it put me in a panic until I came home and researched it and then also read your post. Thanks for sharing and great job Oliver!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Catherine,
    Yeah I don't think the hernia is much of an issue unless you can tell the child is having pain from it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so much smaller! It's a cute little button!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Annique has one too! Not as super as Oliver's but it is going down at the same rate. He looks tan in the bottom pic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had an umbillical hernia until around age 9. It magically went away on it's own and now I have a normal innie! Hope Oliver's does the same!

    Jenny Pancer

    ReplyDelete