Adoption is expensive. It just is. When you birth a child you can get help with all that prenatal stuff and labor and such. Insurance help, government help, etc. When you adopt you can apply for grants, but if you happen to fall in the middle you don't qualify for many grants but the cost is still mind boggling. So there is an adoption tax credit. We get ours this tax season, and will use it to rebuild some of the savings we had to use for the adoption. It certainly doesn't cover the full price of the adoption or even half, but it's still an awesome program.
I don't think people should have to be turned off from adopting a child because of cost. "I'm sorry small orphan boy I would adopt you, but your country is insane and it's way too expensive. My country is ridiculous and doesn't support adoptions the way they support biological children. They canceled the adoption tax credit so now there is no way I can afford to even think of adopting you" No, that's just wrong. Would you agree? If yes jump over to this site and take a minute to sign a petition to help extend the adoption tax credit through 2013.
I don't think people should have to be turned off from adopting a child because of cost. "I'm sorry small orphan boy I would adopt you, but your country is insane and it's way too expensive. My country is ridiculous and doesn't support adoptions the way they support biological children. They canceled the adoption tax credit so now there is no way I can afford to even think of adopting you" No, that's just wrong. Would you agree? If yes jump over to this site and take a minute to sign a petition to help extend the adoption tax credit through 2013.
The encouragement....
No comments:
Post a Comment