Tuesday, January 24

burgers

Over here I wrote about some new year's resolutions.  One resolution involved making a new meal at least once a month.  New meaning something I had never made before. 

Rachael Ray is probably the person who has taught me the most about cooking.  She is creative and attainable all at the same time.  So when looking for a new something to make I turned to her everyday magazine.  I picked it up at the airport in Orlando and read it at least three times before touchdown in Kansas City.  The best thing about the magazine is that there is a photo of every finished product.  I love to know what the food I'm cooking should look like.

For this evenings meal I choose burgers.  Yeah I know, burgers doesn't sound very new and fresh, but for me it's actually huge.  I can't remember a time I've made a burger.  Jim always grills them and I always just buy the preformed burgers and toss some seasoning on them before sending them off to him. 

I didn't make them exactly as she said, because I'm grocery list writing challenged.  She calls for mustard in the burger.  I assume I've got that in the fridge, who doesn't?  Well you know what they say about assuming... so I put in some worcestershire sauce and steak seasoning.  Tasted great.  The onions were my favorite, but I'm weird like that. 

2 comments:

  1. I love ranch burgers, take a packet of hidden valley ranch, an egg and mix it into your meat and the grill. AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a burger and fries recipe from Real Simple magazine last week. Never made fries, but it worked out (in the oven)! Here's to trying new things!

    ReplyDelete