Wednesday, May 9

found!


I've had my eye on craigslist for a new dresser for about the last 4-5 months, either to use in the guest room or for Oliver.  Particularly a 6-9 drawer, mid century modern style, low standing, solid wood, and sturdy dresser.  I was willing to pay up to about $200.  I found some that were in mint condition and priced as such...$600-$900, ouch.  I found others reasonably priced, but other people jumped faster than me, darn.

Last night I stumbled upon an ad for a 1960s style dresser for $40.  $40!  I neeed it.  I messaged her as fast as I could, asked the appropriate questions, liked her answers, and decided to pick it up this evening.

Side note:  My car is amazing.  I don't know if my mother in law knew it, but she really picked out the best car for hauling junk!  The lady comes out of her house and say, "are you Trisha."  Yep.  "Oh, I thought you were bringing a truck, it's not going to fit in your car."  No, no, it will fit, everything fits!  Could you just help me lift it.  After is slides right in, she, like so many other is amazed.  The largest thing I carried was Oliver's twin size mattress and box spring.  This dresser isn't larger than a mattress!  It's a Chevy Malibu Maxx, hatchbacks are great...in case you're in the market.


Here is the photo from the craigslist ad
Can you even tell it's a dresser?  Hardly.

A little better.

Nicely constructed
Now to come up with a plan

 
 Found this one over at YHL
re-stain the bottom and paint the top

Or this one over at Danish Modern LA
re-stain the drawers and paint the body


Pinned Image
Or just re-stain the whole thing to its
original lovelyness, like this one which I found on
pinterest but couln't get link to its original location


I think I like the first idea best, but we shall see. 







2 comments:

  1. $40?!?!? Score! Love it. Have you been on Pinterest? If you search "dresser DIY" or something to that effect it will pull up hundreds of projects. That's where I found Jack's dresser idea with spigot handles. Super cute. That was free because I totally dumpster dove for that baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have I been on pinterest? Ha! You're hilarious. A better question might be, are you ever going to get off pinterest and do something. However, I haven't searched dresser diy, I was searching for mid century dressers. Thanks for expanding my time wasting, errr research.

    ReplyDelete