Oliver likes to think he is shy, or maybe he is shy, or maybe he thinks he is being cute, I don't know. What I do know is that when someone speaks to him he will usually turn away and smile or squint his eyes shut really tight, or drop his head down. Sometimes it's a combination of all three, try picturing it, it's hilarious.
The waiting room at the doctor's office
me- Oliver the doctor is going to say "what's your name?" When she says that you need to say your name loud and proud, not putting your head down. Can you practice? What's your name?
him- Oliver!
me- She might say "how old are you?" Can you tell her how old you are. Say it loud and proud.
him- I three. (holding up some jumble of fingers)
me- Okay buddy when she asks you a question just answer it, no head down. You can do it.
him- I do it.
me- great
We continue waiting and he picks up a magazine with a bodybuilder guy on the front
him- This guy naked
me- No, he has his pants on, he just isn't wearing a shirt. Naked is when you have no clothes.
him- He forgot his shirt?
me- I think so
him- Maybe his shirt in the wash
me- You might be right
In the doctor's office
doctor- Hi Oliver, how are you? Can I have a high five.
him- head down
doctor- Wow, look at the helicopter on your shirt. What color is that?
him- squinty eyes
This carries on for a few more questions. Finally, she asks about some zoo animals and he cracks and speaks to her.
The doctor asks me some questions, that I answer loud and proud, because Oliver is really someone special and I'm proud.
Can he count? Yes.
Does he recognize any letters? Most all of them. (Damn lowercase j)
Colors? Yep, finally.
Potty training? We are getting there.
Does he eat a variety of food? Um, yes most defiantly.
Does he like to drink? Ha! More than anyone I've ever met, ever.
Oliver weighs in at 30.2 pounds, about the same as 6 months ago, the doctor says that's fine and normal and lands him in the 25th percentile. A year and a half ago he wasn't even on the chart for weight, so it's a win.
Oliver measures in at 39 inches tall, about 2 inches more than last time, and that lands him in the 75th percentile. A year and a half ago he was in the 3rd, what a string bean.
The waiting room at the doctor's office
me- Oliver the doctor is going to say "what's your name?" When she says that you need to say your name loud and proud, not putting your head down. Can you practice? What's your name?
him- Oliver!
me- She might say "how old are you?" Can you tell her how old you are. Say it loud and proud.
him- I three. (holding up some jumble of fingers)
me- Okay buddy when she asks you a question just answer it, no head down. You can do it.
him- I do it.
me- great
We continue waiting and he picks up a magazine with a bodybuilder guy on the front
him- This guy naked
me- No, he has his pants on, he just isn't wearing a shirt. Naked is when you have no clothes.
him- He forgot his shirt?
me- I think so
him- Maybe his shirt in the wash
me- You might be right
In the doctor's office
doctor- Hi Oliver, how are you? Can I have a high five.
him- head down
doctor- Wow, look at the helicopter on your shirt. What color is that?
him- squinty eyes
This carries on for a few more questions. Finally, she asks about some zoo animals and he cracks and speaks to her.
The doctor asks me some questions, that I answer loud and proud, because Oliver is really someone special and I'm proud.
Can he count? Yes.
Does he recognize any letters? Most all of them. (Damn lowercase j)
Colors? Yep, finally.
Potty training? We are getting there.
Does he eat a variety of food? Um, yes most defiantly.
Does he like to drink? Ha! More than anyone I've ever met, ever.
Oliver weighs in at 30.2 pounds, about the same as 6 months ago, the doctor says that's fine and normal and lands him in the 25th percentile. A year and a half ago he wasn't even on the chart for weight, so it's a win.
Oliver measures in at 39 inches tall, about 2 inches more than last time, and that lands him in the 75th percentile. A year and a half ago he was in the 3rd, what a string bean.
I don't know, Dasha and Oliver should have a water drinking contest. We let them drink to their hearts content, the first one to burst wins! :-) But anyway, good to see that he is growning well! He is almost Camden's size! Camden has him by 2 inches, and 1 lb.
ReplyDeleteSounds a lot like Maddux!
ReplyDeleteWhat is it with the drinking, he can't drink enough.
He always wants more and more too and downs it like he is so thirsty! Drinks more than me sometimes! :)
Grace used to do the same exact thing! Eyes closed so tightly and turned away. She has outgrown it, thankfully. She now talks to anyone that will listen :)
ReplyDeleteHappy to hear your little man is growing so strong :)
Amazing how they grow so much! Happy Birthday Oliver!
ReplyDelete