That's right. Instead of flying to Massachusetts Oliver and I will be driving, we are awesome like that. Why drive? Come on friends, it's way more adventurous. Would I drive out every year, no but this year we are and we're getting excited.
Oliver is excited to get trucks to honk at him and I'm excited to see some friends and fun places. Here is the itinerary...
Day 1 - St. Louis. Do something awesome, and see some good friends.
Day 2 -Columbus, OH. Check out Jack Hanna's Zoo (granted it's under 100) and stay with a friend I haven't seen in...umm ages.
Day 3 -Lancaster, PA. Hang with some Amish people, ride in a buggy, eat whoppie pies (they hail from PA) and visit some awesome looking model train place. I think we will stay at a bed and breakfast.
Day 4 -Brooklyn, NY. Not sure what we are going to do, but I'm sure our friends will have some great ideas.
Days 5-8 - BOSTON! Home of all things wonderful including an eyebrow wax!
Days 9-11 -Vermont. Camping with college girls. Oliver is going to love it. We "practice" camping at home. "Now I will cook my hot dog on this stick, after I eat it I will cook marshmallows on my stick." Pretty much.
Days 12-21 -Marshfield, MA. Beach time! Family and friends time!
Day 22 -Upstate NY. Seeing friends and family
Day 23 -Niagara Falls, Canada. Exploring the falls and staying at a Marriott that over looks the falls. Ya for cashing in a free night's stay. I thank the extremely overpriced Marriott Grand Hotel in Moscow for making this evening possible, and free!
Day 24 -Cleveland. Mostly just sleeping as we are going to spend most of the day in Canada.
Day 25 -Chicago. IKEA!!!!! and maybe some fun Chicago thing, but mostly IKEA!!!
Day 26 -Home
Days 27-unknown -Recovery.
We are leaving on July 5th. This upcoming week you can look forward to adventures in getting ready to road trip. No worries, my car has already been inspected and repaired, and it is as ready as it's going to be.
| My many hours on the road look like this Instead of this. |
Are you doing this all on your own? Or is Jim meeting you out there? Either way, props to you! You are super mom! Have a great time!
ReplyDeleteJim will met us there, and hang out for a week. He doesn't care for driving or using all his vacation time to do so!
DeleteTrish--when you're in NY, if you have a spare minute, give me a call. I'd love to see you again and meet Oliver. Then I can send some up-close-and-personal pics to Leah. Phone number is still in the phone book.
ReplyDeleteIn any event, have a wonderful trip.
July 26th is when we will be Upstate. I'll see what I can do.
DeleteThat's awesome! Glad your doing this once they are in school and activities it's hard to find that much time. Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteThanks! We are excited. We need to get our little KC adoption group together again before our kids start high school.
DeleteYou are soooo brave!@!!
ReplyDeleteYou're too kind.
DeleteWay to go Mom Enough! That is brave, and will be so much fun for the two of you.
ReplyDeleteLittle Screaming Oliver looks so much like Declan when he makes his "scrunchy" face. I will email you a photo. I see the occasional pic of O and think, man they could have been carbon copies, but with different hair. Cute little dude indeed!
Happy trails!
Sherry
I agree, they do look similar! Oliver use to have reddish hair, nothing like Declan, but a bit of red. Sadly, it turned to super blonde, and now more of a dirty blonde.
Delete