Saturday, June 2

call

I got a call today, a college buddy of Jim's who we haven't seen in about 5 years. We don't see many of our friends since not many live in Kansas. Anyway, he says "I know this is a hard topic for you, but we wanted to let you know we had a baby two weeks ago."

I knew it would happen eventually.

Let's be clear we adopted a kid because we wanted to adopt a kid. You had a bio kid because that's what you wanted...neither is challenging for me to deal with. I'm so happy for you. It's really exciting. Congratulations!

Now I wonder if others have hid their excitement from us because, for some reason, they think we can't handle it.

Bring on your baby news! I can indeed handle it. Though I do find myself a bit jealous of folks traveling to Russia, that part of the process was by far my favorite and I long to go back.

4 comments:

  1. I find it sad that if you adopt a child, it is automatically assumed you cannot have a biological child! I know adoption is a last resort for many couples, but it isn't always the case(obviously!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we were in the middle of our adoption, there were a few days there when I really thought I was pregnant. I cried my eyes out thinking that this is going to screw up our adoption. We WANTED to adopt. It was our first choice. I know that if I had been pregnant, we would love that child beyond measure, but it wasn't in my plans. I guess that is unfathomable to some people. Once I read about adoption and found out how many great kids needs families, that was it...that is what I wanted to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We get that a lot too- people assume we either hit 2ndary infertility (we have 2 bio boys) or that we just really wanted a little girl and that's how we had to get one. For us, neither were the case! We are still open to more bio kidlets, or from adoption because we have a heart to adopt. period. hard for some to understand that because it's not the boat they are in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. On my final attempt at IVF (6th go) I remember praying it wouldnt work........my heart was 200 percent on following the adoption path.

    I cannot tell you how thrilled we were when we at last were placed with our daughter, Gracie.

    ReplyDelete