Wednesday, August 18

8-18-82

I really enjoy birthdays. I mean a celebration all about me, or whoever happens to be having one that day. Today it happens to be me. However, not all my birthdays went the way I hoped they would. Here are some examples...

Once on my birthday I really really wanted it to snow so I wore a turtleneck shirt and a pair of pants (no air conditioning) Sadly wearing snow appropriate close won't make it snow in August.

On your birthday you get to choose what kind of cake you want, right? I mean it's your birthday. I always wanted vanilla cake, vanilla icing, and vanilla ice cream. My mother refused to make it, said it was too boring and no one else would want it. What does that matter for?

It's not like anyone is actually coming! When your birthday is in August in New York no kids come to your party because they are all still at camp. Don't even get me started on mid August in the mid west. Why do you start school so darn early?

Moving on to this year. Jim has decided that the my birthday should be postponed. Can he even decide that? I guess our shabby apartment does not easily lend its self to the carrot cake creating that I demand of him on this occasion. Homemade, double layer, cream cheese frosting, carrot cake takes some space and equipment.

So now I get to pick a new birthday. Just for this year...I hope.

5 comments:

  1. Sort of wishing you a happy birthday! : ) or maybe later this fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same problem with the vanilla cake, vanilla icing, vanilla ice cream desire growing up. One year my family got a chocolate cake for themselves while I had to put my candles on a vanilla-vanilla cupcake. So lame!

    Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well...Happy Birthday! I'll even with it twice for you. Once here and again on Facebook. Hope that helps!

    I know...not really. Have a good one anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Personally, my youngest and I would love the vanilla(x3) dessert. Vanilla is not plain, it is a flavor! :o)
    Happy Birthday friend!
    -JennStar

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang on! Postpone!? That's 100% not allowed. Happy birthday Trisha! If I were in KC, I would have hopped over there and celebrated u properly!!! This is not okay!!

    ReplyDelete