Jim and I fall into the financial range where we don't really qualify for grants to help fund the adoption but yet it still feels a bit like a stretch on our budget. It's the typical middle class story.
So forget the grants on to the fund raising. I already shared my problem with garage sales in a previous post...nothing to sell. I'm not young enough or cute enough to set up a lemonade stand in my neighborhood. Could I make the kids I nanny for sit at a lemonade stand? Probably not. Plus I can't charge $5 for a glass of lemonade so it might not be worth it. I don't have a giant spinning circular griddle so a pancake feed (Mideastern term) is out.
I really like to bake. Some have said the things I make are yummy. I think I want to start a 'snack of the month club' You have heard of those 'of the month clubs' wine of the month, flower of the month, salsa of the month, etc.
Here is how my pretend 'of the month club' works in my head...
You choose what you want off the menu, how many months you're interested in subscribing, send the check (or use pay-pal if I set it up online), receive delicious homemade snacks delivered right to your address, enjoy eating your cookies, brownies, scones, bars, knowing you are helping an adorable Russian make it from an orphanage to a home (our home to be specific)
So...thoughts?
I think that's a great idea! Can't wait to see the menu.
ReplyDeleteIt's funny... before I got to the third paragraph, I thought "Trisha could sell baked goods... I'd buy them!" So, go for it... and sign me up!
ReplyDeleteGreat idea, please keep us posted
ReplyDeleteMy dorm would love to join your club. We like snacks.
ReplyDeleteYou know the Lakeview types are all about this.
ReplyDeleteThis has proved to be a successful business model for several reasons, and since you're really good at that culinary stuff, I encourage you to seriously consider it.
ReplyDeleteI think that is a super cute idea. How about making it a cookie-of-the-month club. Might be easier that a dessert-of-the-month, and you can specify a nut variety, chocolate variety, or combo package.
ReplyDeleteOr how about cupcake of the month club? That one is a little more labor intensive, but could work, too.
-JennStar