My dear Amy just wrote a lovely entry about one of her students and a giant zucchini. Clearly the previous post on jalapeno cornbread is not going to help her with this larger than average vegetable.
Maybe something here can help...
Simply Recipes is my go to food blog. It is so well organized and you can find anything. Elise, the author, is amazing.
Stuffed zucchini
Zucchini Fritters
Then of course there is Martha who knows every thing about anything including zucchini
Then there is my mother. When I was a kid we had a garden that also produced an enormous amount of zucchini. After making all the fried zucchini, zucchini bread, and anything else should could think of she turned to freezing it. She would shred the massive vegetable and then divide it into the proper amount for a loaf of zucchini bread. Then freeze each section in its own ziploc bag making fresh zucchini bread possible anytime of year.
Amy, make that kindergarten student proud. Bring him a picture of your creation! Actually, knowing you I bet you already have a scrapbook layout in mind.
Trisha...I am laughing out loud. You are too funny! Yes, this is my game plan for the weekend, baking with zucchini!
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately, this darn cute little boy will not be in my room for 2 whole weeks due to the chicken pox outbreak. He is medically fragile, so he needs to stay away. This makes me incredibly sad, but the good news, I was able to freeze all the zucchini, so I'll try out a recipe or two and re-make my favorite.
Now all I need to learn is how to Skype(?), so we can communicate while this child is away from the room. I'm learning so much this year already...baking with zucchini and computers. Amazing!