Thursday, September 22

manners, and such

Please came a long time ago, please came because when you say please it usually gets you what you want.  Please might as well mean, mama give me that!  Thanks mama took a little longer.  How can you talk once your mouth is full of cookie, milk, yogurt, avocado, etc.  Plus what's the motivation to preform once you have received what you wanted.  However, I think we have made it.

Setting- Kitchen.  I'm cleaning the counters and Oliver is vacuuming the floor.  For real, not with toy vacuum.  Hardcore.

Oliver spies a forlorn chocolate chip on the floor.  He quickly pulls his vacuum nozzle away knowing that this is not dirt.  Picks it up, pops it in his mouth, and says "thanks mama."  Like I placed it on the floor for him to discover and enjoy.

"Thanks mama" is always followed by me saying "You're welcome Oliver, I love you"  I add the I love you because I think there is a quota of I love yous that need to be met each day.  You know, ten servings of broccoli a day to fight this cancer, 88 glasses of water to keep your skin looking awesome, 12 hugs a day to keep you cheery, or something like that.  I just can't seem to remember the number of I love yous that are required, so I just add them at every "you're welcome" to make sure I meet the quota.

Other things that have recently impressed me...
- "I be right back" followed by closing the bathroom door and then saying "dark, dark"
- No poop diapers in days!  Let's hear it for poop on the potty.
- Brought home some work he did at Sunday school.  I hung it on the fridge and he said "made it, made it"  Yeah you totally made that, awesome.
-Recognizes between 10-12 letters.  Likes to practice singing the alphabet, but will only sing "w, x, y, z," then some version of "now I know my abc song, next time sing with me"  It's pretty much hilarious. 

Not impressive
-Calling some regular looking guy at Target creepy.  Going to have to star phasing creepy out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment