Cheap, yes. Easy, totally. Awesome, beyond words.
My pinspiration for this project can be found right here.
My son adores water, way beyond what you can imagine. I find that so funny, because it wasn't always that way for him. I had to teach him that water was okay, he use to be terrified of it!
All that to say I was pretty confident he would enjoy a PVC sprinkler.
Here is what you need (everything can be found at Lowe's)
All smooth fittings, not twist together.
-2 ten foot pieces of 3/4 PVC
-2 T connecters, 3/4 size
-2 elbows, 3/4 size
-3 caps, 3/4 size
-A hose connector, 3/4 size
-Something to cut the PVC (I used my circular saw but you could use a hand saw or a special tool called a ratcheting PVC pipe cutter)
-PVC glue, if you wish for this to be permanently stuck together, or if the pieces are not holding tightly enough on their own. I picked up the glue, but then found out I didn't really need it, so I'll return it next time.
-A drill with a tiny bit, like 1/16.
Time necessary
-It took me about 20 minutes to cut, drill, photograph, and assemble
-Took about 10 minutes to make sure I had exactly what I needed at Lowe's
Cost
-about $12 for all the pieces and the glue
-$8.50 once I return the glue
Directions
-Cut the pipes. 2 five foot lengths, 1 four foot length, and 4 eighteen inch lengths
-Grab the 4' piece, the T connectors and your drill. The T connectors will keep the pipe from rolling while you drill some holes. I also put my foot on the pipe to help keep it stable while drilling.
-Put the T connectors together with the 18'' pieces to make the feet.
-Turn on the water and enjoy!
It's totally summer here in Kansas City, well at least for this weekend.
My pinspiration for this project can be found right here.
My son adores water, way beyond what you can imagine. I find that so funny, because it wasn't always that way for him. I had to teach him that water was okay, he use to be terrified of it!
| bath time at the orphanage photo taken by the caretakers |
| learning to be okay with water in Moscow took a week to get him naked in the tub |
| home three months |
| ocean in Massachusetts |
| |
| will do anything to drink water! |
| home almost a year at the ocean in St. Marteen |
All that to say I was pretty confident he would enjoy a PVC sprinkler.
Here is what you need (everything can be found at Lowe's)
All smooth fittings, not twist together.
-2 ten foot pieces of 3/4 PVC
-2 T connecters, 3/4 size
-2 elbows, 3/4 size
-3 caps, 3/4 size
-A hose connector, 3/4 size
| the small parts I'm sure you can picture what two 10' pieces of 3/4 pvc looks like |
-PVC glue, if you wish for this to be permanently stuck together, or if the pieces are not holding tightly enough on their own. I picked up the glue, but then found out I didn't really need it, so I'll return it next time.
-A drill with a tiny bit, like 1/16.
Time necessary
-It took me about 20 minutes to cut, drill, photograph, and assemble
-Took about 10 minutes to make sure I had exactly what I needed at Lowe's
Cost
-about $12 for all the pieces and the glue
-$8.50 once I return the glue
Directions
-Cut the pipes. 2 five foot lengths, 1 four foot length, and 4 eighteen inch lengths
| all cut up |
-Grab the 4' piece, the T connectors and your drill. The T connectors will keep the pipe from rolling while you drill some holes. I also put my foot on the pipe to help keep it stable while drilling.
-Put the T connectors together with the 18'' pieces to make the feet.
| feet |
-Put the five foot pieces in, add the elbows, and the four foot top. Make sure the holes are pointing down.
| almost done |
-Put on the caps and the hose connecter. Then connect the hose!
-Turn on the water and enjoy!
It's totally summer here in Kansas City, well at least for this weekend.
Ooh, I am so tempted to do this! Saw it on Pinterest and didn't know how to do it. I'll see if I get up the nerve! So fun!
ReplyDeleteThis is beyond awesome! I will be taking this on!!!! Vera loves water too.... Like when it rains she stands there looking up and laughing. Thanks for sharing!!
ReplyDeleteAll I can say is that Oliver is one blessed boy to have you and your husband for parents. I'm so glad you continue to blog. Most of the time I laugh out loud at your stories.
ReplyDeleteLeah and I talk about you and your "adventures".