This lent is about getting stuff done. Here is what got done last week.
On to this week. This week, not so exciting. No fun photos. Just getting done a few boring things I've been trying hard to avoid. If you can't see it, it's not there...right? Not so much.
1. Listed a few more items on craigslist, not as lucky as last time, still waiting.
2. Cleaned up the basement. Ugh. We have a finished basement, but it's pretty lame. Oliver has some toys down there, I store all our decorations, and my teaching stuff there, but mostly it houses a bunch of crunchy dead bugs. Oliver and I went through each section of the basement and got rid of some junk then sucked up the crunchy bugs. "mama, there one here" "mama, here is nother one" "mama, over here" "mama, bugs all gone"
3. We took our live dead Christmas tree down in February, the beginning of February, but still that's a little crazy. What's worse is that I never put the ornaments away. Rather, I took a big mixing bowl, put all the ornaments in it, then put it in the basement on top of the box that stores them. I noticed the ornament bowl while I was doing the activity listed above. I thought, "well they are easier to get to and it will make tree decorating faster." Then I thought, "dude, put your ornaments away." And I did.
4. Oliver and I planted seeds for some things we want to grow this season. Tomatoes, peppers, jalapenos, basil, sunflowers, zinnias, rosemary, and thyme. Later, I'll put most of it out in containers, but I do have a small patch of land that I'm going to make into Oliver's own garden for the sunflowers and some pumpkins.
5. Speaking of gardening, the weather here has been crazy warm. I come from a land where yard work is not thought of until April/May. The crocus are in full bloom and our daffodils are not far behind. I cut back all the dead stuff in the front yard, and trimmed back the roses. Trimming roses SUCKS! Lucky for me I was able to find some of Jim's work gloves to protect my hands.
6. I was intending to clean up the garage, but Jim beat me to it...darn.
Next week shall be more exciting, but sometimes you just have to do those lame things you greatly dislike to get to the fun stuff.
Speaking of things that could be extremely lame. Last Wednesday we had a crazy windy rain storm and our neighbor kindly pointed out that a patch of our roof was missing, super. We had in mind that we needed a new roof, but didn't really want to do it yet. A roof costs about as much as an adoption tax credit, a tax credit that our savings account has been looking forward to. We contacted our insurance and prayed that they would want to get us a new roof, and not just patch that one damaged part. Turns out they do! We just have to pay the deductible, which is about 1/5 of the prices of a new roof. We also have to pay about $250 for some vents to be installed, because our builder skipped that part and apparently roofs need to breath. Oh and when I write roof, that's how I pronounce it, not ruff, like you crazy midwestern folk.
Spring break next week. May that equal productivity.
On to this week. This week, not so exciting. No fun photos. Just getting done a few boring things I've been trying hard to avoid. If you can't see it, it's not there...right? Not so much.
1. Listed a few more items on craigslist, not as lucky as last time, still waiting.
2. Cleaned up the basement. Ugh. We have a finished basement, but it's pretty lame. Oliver has some toys down there, I store all our decorations, and my teaching stuff there, but mostly it houses a bunch of crunchy dead bugs. Oliver and I went through each section of the basement and got rid of some junk then sucked up the crunchy bugs. "mama, there one here" "mama, here is nother one" "mama, over here" "mama, bugs all gone"
3. We took our
4. Oliver and I planted seeds for some things we want to grow this season. Tomatoes, peppers, jalapenos, basil, sunflowers, zinnias, rosemary, and thyme. Later, I'll put most of it out in containers, but I do have a small patch of land that I'm going to make into Oliver's own garden for the sunflowers and some pumpkins.
5. Speaking of gardening, the weather here has been crazy warm. I come from a land where yard work is not thought of until April/May. The crocus are in full bloom and our daffodils are not far behind. I cut back all the dead stuff in the front yard, and trimmed back the roses. Trimming roses SUCKS! Lucky for me I was able to find some of Jim's work gloves to protect my hands.
6. I was intending to clean up the garage, but Jim beat me to it...darn.
Next week shall be more exciting, but sometimes you just have to do those lame things you greatly dislike to get to the fun stuff.
Speaking of things that could be extremely lame. Last Wednesday we had a crazy windy rain storm and our neighbor kindly pointed out that a patch of our roof was missing, super. We had in mind that we needed a new roof, but didn't really want to do it yet. A roof costs about as much as an adoption tax credit, a tax credit that our savings account has been looking forward to. We contacted our insurance and prayed that they would want to get us a new roof, and not just patch that one damaged part. Turns out they do! We just have to pay the deductible, which is about 1/5 of the prices of a new roof. We also have to pay about $250 for some vents to be installed, because our builder skipped that part and apparently roofs need to breath. Oh and when I write roof, that's how I pronounce it, not ruff, like you crazy midwestern folk.
Spring break next week. May that equal productivity.
No comments:
Post a Comment