Thursday, November 25

happy anniversary

Today, our little blog is celebrating it's one year anniversary. I started our blog, not because I have anything very exciting to say, but because when researching adoption I poured over blog after blog. Regular people just writing the stories of what happened to them, how their journey went, how to pack for the trip, the joy, the pain, every detail with no reason to fabricate. Regular people not representing anyone but their family and their journey willing to share and help others...a wonderful thing. A thing that I wanted to be a part of.

This first "blog year" was adventurous to say the least...
-decided to adopt
-switched from Kazakhstan to Russia
-learned as much Russian as my brain could hold, an on going process
-became a master a paperwork
-psych test says I'm a pollyanna, it's all good
-got a referral
-Jim got a new job
-2 canceled trips to Russia
-our first referral was adopted by Russians
-got a new referral
-added insane amounts of adoption jargon to my everyday vocabulary
-decided not to be a teacher this school year
-became a tutor, nanny and cook
-moved to Kansas
-missed Nebraska
-learned that I'm not a criminal in Nebraska or Kansas
-sold our house (in 5 days)
-went to Russia
-figured out the Moscow Metro and Airport Train
-visited our kid at his orphanage
-bought a new house
-cheered for the Chiefs
-started a little cookie club (the most fun ever)

I'm still positive that next year is going to be even more exciting.

3 comments:

  1. You've accomplished a lot in just 365 days! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Found your blog through another blog that I follow. Hope all goes smoothly and quickly for your adoption.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank Catalina, we hope so too!!

    ReplyDelete