Monday, November 22

let's just calm down

Turn on the news and at some point in the broadcast you will get to hear about TSA body scanners or pat downs. People are angry, outraged, protesting in their underwear. It's all a little crazy to me. Part of the adoption process involves me trusting that I am on an airplane filled with people as boring and threat-less as me. Come on, wouldn't you be upset if your adoption was finalized and you just had to make it back home then some foolish angry person did some crazy thing with a bottle of water, a nail file and more than 3oz of toothpaste? I'm not willing to risk it. Scan me, scan our Russian, scan Jim, scan everyone.
Now I have no idea why on earth you would choose the pat down option. That is nuts. I don't need people that close. If the pat down was the only option I would be unhappy. But people this scan takes less than 5 seconds and I'm pretty sure these TSA workers could care less about anything on the image accept that long list of highly dangerous forbidden airplane items.
Walk in, arms up, next...it's just that simple.

8 comments:

  1. So very well said. I have been just baffled by all the protest over this! Consider the alternative is my thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been joking that nothing the TSA could do compares to the molestation I received during the 8 doctor medical in Russia :) Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could not agree with you more!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. for some real liberation, one could always take the bus. (not to russia, though)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd so pick a body scan right now over taking care of a kid with the stomach flu! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so agree with you! I think most people are thinking a little too highly of themselves to be concerned about the pat down, honestly

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your take on this. I'm not sure why so many people are up-in-arms, but then I've never had to undergo any humiliating situations.

    I agree that it's a matter of keeping things in perspective. I saw an interesting youtube video today about how they can use dogs to do the work of the scanners. Sounds like a good alternative to me.

    ReplyDelete