Monday, November 15

today, not my favorite

Went out to Topeka this morning to get our documents apostilled. Was feeling very optimistic. However, Georgia the lady from the secretary of state's office tells me she can't take care of documents from other states. Well of course she can't. How did I let that slide? Whatever, I figure it can't be too hard to fix. Our letter from the realtor was notarized in Missouri. I drive from one Secretary of State's office to another keeping in mind that I need to pick up a three year old kid I nanny from preschool at 11:20. Cranky lady in Missouri doesn't like the wording on my document. I tell her "Russia told me to do it" then I start crying like a crazy person, which is pretty uncommon. She takes the document and says she will see what she can do, I calm down, she returns, they can't do it. Turns out they can't do it because the notary had a bad certification number. Annoyed.

I break the news to our realtor that her notary girl is no good and I would like her to please print the document out again and find a different notary. She gets it done, but I can't make it back to the cranky ladies office because I have to work...sending Jim to do it tomorrow because I have to drive to Lincoln after work tomorrow to visit their Secretary of State.

Dossier in the mail, hopefully Wednesday. Social worker seems to think travel is not going to happen until February or later. Annoyed.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like today was a "Manic Monday" everywhere, I think. I am sure tomorrow will be Totally Terrific Tuesday for you! I hope so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy... still praying for you, Jim, and your Russian!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry about all that. That really stinks, praying that it all gets done ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trisha, So sorry to hear about that mess! I'm praying that tomorrow will be a much better day, your dossier gets in the mail Wednesday, and you will have a court date BEFORE February!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darn! I don't like days like that. I hope today is a better day for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry Trisha, I have been there! I thought I was going to lose it with all of our apostilling problems and we had issues with a notary also.

    Just hang in there and it will all work out and come together.

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oy! Definitely frustrating. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, we had the same issue with one of our notaries, too, and the cranky lady at the MO office made me cry as well. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete