Wednesday, October 26

help!

I really like to vacuum.  Well I use to really like to vacuum.  The vacuum I really liked died a horrible death.  I wasn't too sad that it died because I always had to wear noise canceling headphones when using it, it was so loud!!  I guess I could have taken it to one of those vacuum fix it shops, but didn't.  Instead I went to Target and picked up a new different one.  This new lame vacuum works lovely downstairs on our non carpeted surfaces.  Cleans up crumbs from the kitchen floor in a snap, sucks up burnt pits of food from the bottom of the oven in no time, rids the fridge of all those onion peels that flake off, and does magic on crumbs in the vents.  It also comes with a retractable cord, which I love because I hate wrapping up the cord, just don't like how it feels.

Upstairs is a whole different story.
A string falls to the floor from a new shirt, vacuum won't pick it up. 
Some hair falls from my head to the floor, vacuum doesn't care.
Random pits of carpet fuzz, a dead fly, a leaf from a plant, feathers that left the duvet or the pillows, and whatever else may be living in my carpet, vacuum thinks it all needs to stay right where it is.  It literally sucks nothing up from the carpeted floor, it's pretty much awful.  

So what kind of vacuum do you have?  Does it suck?  Does it even suck stuff off carpets? 

7 comments:

  1. Dyson Animal! Even though we don't have an animal, it works great on human hair! I shed A LOT! Works so great, and well worth the horrible sticker price. Target has them 20% off this week too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the Dyson Ball. Does great on carpets and hardwood floors. Are you sure your vacuum doesn't have a switch for carpet and hard flooring? Anyway, I love the Dyson and don't think you could go wrong with any of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I HEART the dyson animal!

    It is AMAZING & worth every penny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have the shark navigator lift off , we had the Dyson but I found it way too heavy we have 3 dogs and 2 kids it works great on both carpet and hardwood lso cheaper than the Dyson good luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi
    I have a Eureka pet pal which I bought mainly because it was purple and I love purple. An added bonus is that is does indeed suck up everything my wee one drops and has a stair attachment which is handy cuz I have a lotta stairs that my little man loves to climb and will eat lint along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a Kenmore Progressive and it picks up animal hair and my hair GREAT! I have hardwood downstairs and carpet upstairs. It transitions well. No complaints and I have had it about 6 years. Has the clear canister so I get to see how much gross it picks up :-) It wasn't overpriced at all. Only problem, the filters are only at sears. I tried ordering some generic online and well they felt cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dyson ball, worth ever cent! I dont find it heavy, but the hose isn't as user friendly as you'd expect for a dyson. However it sounds like the one you have is good for that so between the two, you're all set!

    ReplyDelete