Monday, October 17

turn round peas

We have friends back in Boston that have two domestically adopted children (hey pebble).  I remember Jim and I going out to dinner with them  in October of 2009, to talk about our potential adoption, and get some advice.  The two points I most remember are...

1.  It's his story.  The reasons Oliver was in the orphanage, the information about his family, that's his story.  When he learns it, he can decide who to share it with. 

2.  He might not look like you, but he will pick up your personality traits. 

Let's focus on point two.
 -When we drive to and from the highway we have to cross over some railroad tracks, if a train is coming we have to stop and pull over to watch it, because Jim insists upon it.  Now if Oliver and I are driving alone I'll look both ways to see if a train is coming and if it's not I keep driving.  Then Oliver shouts from the back "turn round peas headlight, turn round peas, cain coming, cain coming"  "I didn't see a train, we are going home now"  "waaaaaaaaaa, cain coming"  
You are your father's son.

-The 2010 BNSF calendar came in the mail the other day, love at first sight.  "coal cain, cain stopped, cain up high"  


-The sound of the food processor or mixer sends him running for the kitchen.  "cooking, cooking, cookies peas"  "snat (snack) peas" 
You are your mother's son

 -When the neighbor starts mowing their lawn Oliver says "dada mow lawn"



2 comments:

  1. Well that's pretty adorable. I guess it was worth the wait and the disappointment of seeing a washer every time I checked the blog for the last week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little Pavlov! Love it!

    ReplyDelete