Today I did almost nothing, and I liked it. Vlad picked Jim up this morning for his crazy day of flying home something like 26 hours in one day, when you travel west you can add hours and hours to your day...amazing. After dropping Jim off at the airport Vlad came back to get me. It was told to me that I would be leaving my hotel when Jim left and moving to a different one.
When I walked in I handed over my passport so it could be registered by the hotel and they asked me when I wanted to eat breakfast. I said 8:00, look I have plans! At 8:00 I take my pajama wearing American self down to breakfast. Not sure a Russia women would ever do such a thing, I brushed my hair and put on a sweater so that's something. They bring me some eggs, toast, cucumbers, tomatoes, yogurt, tea, and something that looks like a yodel (you know the twinkies cousin) It was good, wonder what it will be tomorrow.
Came back to my room to surf the Russia TV channels and surprisingly found the state of the union on. The president finished and then it's back to Russian. You know I have heard of people learning english by watching TV. How much TV? How much do I have to watch to learn some Russian? I pick up maybe every 100th word, so lame. I need to search for Russian sesame street.
No I'm not going to sit around my hotel room for all these days. The weather tomorrow is predicted to be a balmy 14...14 above! I figured I'd wait for the warmer weather before I go explore. Saturday it's going to be 24, there will be no holding me back.
----------------------
Many many questions from friends and family about what is going on next.
Yes, we did pass court. They said we could be his parents, but it still takes some time. There is a mandatory 10 day wait period. Time for his biological family to change their minds or for me to change mine, neither of which are likely to occur.
No, he is not with me. He is at his orphanage in Prokopyevsk and I am at a hotel in Kemerovo, which is three hours north.
Sadly, I will most likely not be visiting him during this wait time. The drive is long and expensive and we are not traveling with another family so the cost can not be split. Come Feb 7th I promise we will spend lots and lots of time together.
Jan 26th -Jim goes home.
Jan 26th - Feb 6th Trisha enjoys life in Kemerovo, alone
Feb 7th - Trisha picks the babe up at the orphanage!
Feb 7th & 8th - Trisha and babe enjoy life in Kemerovo, together.
Feb 9th - Trisha and babe fly to Moscow.
Feb 9th - Feb 16th - Trisha and babe enjoy more bonding time together, play at the apartment, learn about crayons, go to meetings, see a doctor, get a visa, and create general mischief.
Feb 17th -Trisha and the babe fly out of Moscow to Atlanta and then on to Kansas.
No comments:
Post a Comment