Friday, January 28

home

26 hours, 29 minutes, take off Kemerovo, Russia to touch down Kansas City.

Once again, it was evident that God was helping me through our travels. We when departed for this trip, we left Kansas City when snow flakes were just starting to fall, KC ended up getting seven inches of snow. Today I wake up in my own bed and read that NYC got 19 inches of snow last night… my plane departed JFK at 6pm before the real storm hit. Our travels during this trip did not include the Moscow airport impacted by the attack earlier this week.

How do you travel from one side of the globe to the other in 1 day? I was on four different planes yesterday. I was certain I was missing my 39 minute connection at Cincinnati when the plane departing JFK was held for about an hour waiting for the de-icing process (Russia completes the process in about 5 minutes, I think the US needs to take Winter Weather Aviation lessons from them). Halfway through the trip, the pilot assured us that everyone on the plane was going to make their connections. Sure enough, even with my connection being on the other side of the terminal, my bag and I made it!

As I look back on last week, everything has gone great. Trisha and I stayed on schedule, we didn’t get sick, everyone was supportive on the trip, and most importantly the judge said YES! Please continue to pray for Trisha’s safety, no changes in Russia’s position regarding the adoption during the 10 day wait period, our little guy’s health, and wisdom for the doctors in the US when he arrives. I continue to be in awe of the support we have seen from our friends and family. This was renewed last night by Joel and Steve picking me up from the airport and the neighbors, unsolicited, shoveling our driveway and taking care of the house while we were away. Thank you for your prayers and support.

-Jim

2 comments:

  1. Praise God for His mercies! Thought about you guys when I heard about the bombings (quickly calculating that I think you had already left). Praying for the rest of your journey, asking God to protect and provide for these days you are apart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim I am so glad you made it home with no major issues (other then having to catch four different planes). I am so glad that you guys are keeping us updated like this. The fact that I knew that neither of you were in Moscow Monday night when I watched the news was especially helpful. I will continue to pray. Try not to get too bored while you guys are apart.

    ReplyDelete