Here are a few photos I took yesterday. There are a whole bunch of detailed ice sculptures, a small skating rink, and a bunch of children's play equipment right in the middle of the city.
As for me, I'm good. I would love for it to be February 7th right now, but it isn't so I just keep wandering the city, looking in shops, eating too much delicious chocolate, attempting to speak Russian, watching shows on hulu, harassing friends on facebook and skype, and taking random photos. I would not change a thing. Just think if I went home for this wait...how would I ever get back here? Ya'll have way to much snow. Speaking of snow, it's snowing pretty heavily here this afternoon. Unlike back home it never melts and starts over here. The snow just stays, so a fresh snow is kind of like a good bleaching...it makes everything all sparkly and new looking. Hoping it's just another dusting...
Trisha, That was the biggest thing I noticed as well when we were in Krasnoyarsk. The Russians acted like it was just part of life, and the bitter cold didn't stop them at all. In the park in front of our hotel, the workers set up tents for some kind of holiday festival all night long despite the -25 temps. I was amazed!
ReplyDeleteThe ice sculptures are so neat!!
ReplyDeleteI love your images of life on the Russian streets. I can't wait to read your posts when you finally have your little guy back in the States.
ReplyDelete