Monday, February 14

stop, please stop

The apartment has a potty. This particular potty plays a little jingle when it gets wet. I guess the jingle is to say "good job" to the babe. Anyway, it is currently about 9:00pm here in Moscow. Oliver sat on the potty at about 5:00pm. I rinsed it, I dried it with a towel, I blew on it, I can't get it to stop playing. There are some small things that make me kind of nuts and repetitive noise is at the top of the list. The apartment also came with a ticking clock above the bed, who would do that? I promptly removed it from the wall and put it on the kitchen table. The potty has been banished to the oven, but I think I can still hear it.

Today's game of choice
1. Baby climbs on bed
2. Mom runs from the other side of the room to tickle silly baby


3. Silly baby thinks he wants to get off the bed head first
4. Mom explains that head first is only for diving into the pack&play

To celebrate Valentine's Day Oliver and I wore our festive T-shirts, not matching ones. I was excited about this day because it meant I got to wear a brand new clean really clean shirt that I had saved for the occasion. After nap we walked to the market and got some chocolate to share for dessert, but ended up eating some of it before dinner. Yesterday when we were out on the town with Vlad I asked him is Russian's celebrated Valentine's Day. Only teenagers. They go ice skating, he said. So you're not going to get your wife some flowers or candy? No, I get her flowers all the time. What a nice guy.

Operation "tub is not torture" session 5
I got a naked baby into the tub, all the way in the tub not my lap, I washed his hair, I got out after about five minutes, he continued to play for 20, when he was done he stood up and raised his hands to be removed. Maybe tomorrow I won't have to get in.







6 comments:

  1. Oliver is soooooo adorable! Can't believe how great he is doing in the bath tub! I might have to hire you to come to my house!! :) Hoping you are almost done with your business there in Moscow and will be headed home very soon! ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very familiar with singing potties, they are annoying! I found that if I wipe it down with TP it will make it stop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on the whole annoying music thing. I've put more than my share of electronics in the oven at night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This thing have batteries, or is it magic? If the former, I'd find me a screwdriver. Or sledgehammer. Or maybe both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Singing potties...never knew. Your days about numbered in Moscow, huh? When are you flying home?

    ReplyDelete