Sunday, February 13

entertainment

Vlad says I brought the Siberian air here to Moscow with me. It's been cold cold and snowy everyday. It doesn't seem to ever snow storm like it does back home, I think it just lightly snows all day long. Occasionally, when the smell of stinky diapers becomes too much, Oliver and I venture out of the apartment and make the short jaunt to the dumpster. Here are some photos of our inside adventures of the past couple days.

playing in the luggage

testing out our new matryoshka doll


Here is our new favorite game.
1.Stand at the edge of the bed
2. Launch self head first into the pack & play (it's soft inside)
3. Tickle
4. Enjoy the sound of belly laugh
5. Repeat

In "tub is not torture" news. Session 3 & 4 were just about identical. I managed to get a naked baby into a tub of water both times. However, he insisted on sitting on my lap. He did splash, play, get his hair washed, walk around a little, and practice leaning back to kick his legs. I haven't taken this many baths in a year since I was maybe six. Good times.

And now for maybe the sweetest photo...

I spent a lot of nights hugging my identical owl at home while I waited for you






13 comments:

  1. I love it....I love reading your adventures...it puts a smile on my face...thank you for sharing...I miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so sweet! Thanks so much for writing about your adventures...we feel like we're right there with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me laughing and crying! Oliver is so cute and you seem to be enjoying every minute! From a mom who has been there in a hotel room with a toddler, I know it is not easy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, that last photo and caption brought tears to my eyes!!! Oliver is so darn cute - and he looks so happy. And let me just tell you, if you are able to get him the bathtub and splashing before you even get home you are way ahead of where the rest of us were! You are a great mommy, enjoy every minute in Moscow; you'll be home before you know it and you'll actually miss Russia down the road.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy that you are together and doing well! I thought that this whole process really tested my parental creativity without real toys. Perhaps it is just preparing you for moments like waiting in Dr.s offices, etc. when you only have the contents of your purse for entertainment. All the best! He seems like such a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are so happy to read all about you and Oliver spending fun times together bonding. He is adorable and is right where he should be, with you! Enjoy your time getting to concentrate on each other. We can't wait to meet him and know it won't be too long now. You're doing an awesome job, MOM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is just too cute. So happy for you! He looks so happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How darling! Glad you two are bonding well together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did it again. Thanks for all the joy and happy tears. Oliver is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  10. adoption is forever and always! love to you and Oliver, Trisha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oliver is SO SO cute. What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete