This story dates back to January 24th the day before our court hearing...
On the 24th that dreaded blacklist came out. It's a list of all the agencies that Russia wishes not to deal with because, usually, they are the agencies whose parents are not doing post placement reports. Well the 24th is the day before our court hearing. I hear about this blacklist, but there is no way, no way I'm going to look at it because if our agency is on there I'm going to loose it. I don't know what loose it would mean in that case but it wouldn't be pretty. We are in Russia, we are going to court tomorrow, and this is not happening. So I don't look, I don't say anything to Jim, and I just forget about. Tomorrow is our day, we got this.
As you have read previously everything at court went just fine, and because of that I don't need to even bother looking at said list, right? Well I read another blog from our area that is using that same agency (hey Denise) and we are on there. Ugh. Not sure what that means for me now, so I hesitantly email our international agency and ask what it is going to happen.
Turns our that if our judge didn't look at the list, or if she did she had pity on us. Whatever, she had the right to put us back on a plane for home to redo that whole month long home study process. That delay would also cause numerous other documents to expire alone with our medicals. All that is inconvenient, costly, and annoying but not nearly as bad as the heart break that would have come from being so close one moment and then so far away seconds later.
So God is good and ignorance, in this case, was total bliss.
Wow. Perfect.
ReplyDeleteThank goodness!!! Glad there were no issues for you guys!!!
ReplyDeleteAre you kidding me with that referral picture?!? That is the cutest face I have ever seen! So glad everything worked out - our God is an awesome God! :)
ReplyDeleteVictoria