Wednesday, March 23

baby talk two

Did you miss baby talk, the original? Check it out here

Owl was the first word Oliver said, but how useful is owl? Not very. That being said he has added a few others including...

dada
mama
NO (only said loudly)
banana (nana)
bye bye
night night (ni ni)
da (I guess he prefers Russian version of yes)I know he is saying yes because he shakes his head yes and uses it in proper context.
woof (when he sees a dog or when I say dog)
--
he still, very much, wants to say "on" and "off" but he just hasn't managed to get more than the OOO sound out.

The unspoken
I say "where's Oliver?" he covers his eyes
I ask him where something is that he can't see and he lifts both hands in that "I have no idea sort of way"
When sitting on the potty we play puzzles, don't you?, when he gets a piece in he lifts an arm or two and does a "ya I did it kind of cheer" We celebrate everything. You should see the cheer when something turns up in the potty. "Whoa!"

Signs
please
milk
more
sorry
thank you
*I tried to teach him the sign for mama since he still insists on patting himself while saying mama, but he refuses.

1 comment:

  1. Little linguist! That's what happens when every day is the funnest day of kindergarten ever.

    ReplyDelete