Monday, March 7

like/dislike

It's not that I don't have time to write, Oliver and Jim go to bed at 7:30 and 8:30, I've got time. It's a matter of not knowing what to write. I mean do you really care that I fed him two very sticky, high fiber pop tarts (they take longer to eat than cheerios and it's what I had in my bag) to get him to sit through an entire church service and paid for it the next day? Is it exciting to you that Oliver thinks the dust buster vacuum is the greatest invention and waddles around the kitchen cleaning up my cookie baking messes until the battery dies and then he screams? Eventually he gets over the dust buster and moves on to the broom. It won't be long before he breaks a window with the broom handle.

Here are a few more of his likes and dislikes...

:-)
-eating, just about anything
-diving head first into the toy box, laying down, then popping up to play toys
-reading books while sitting on the potty
-taking baths
-swimming at the pool
-going up and down the stairs
-housework
-walking down the street to find the little pond at the entry of our subdivision then throwing rocks in
-the lighting department at lowes
-chasing dogs
-pointing out the window
-playing at the park and going down the slide head first on his belly
-that signing please can get him what he wants, most times
-snuggling when he first wakes up
-flipping though books

:-(
-getting in the car, once he is in it's fine...but getting in is not pretty about 75% of the time
-not being allowed in the pond at the entry of our subdivision
-roasted sweet potatoes and tilapia
-getting his diaper changed
-keeping his shoes on while in the car
-getting out of the tub
-no
-when the yogurt cup is empty
-the doctor's office

In other news...
I measured my ponytail the other day, 14 inches! By this time I'm usually crazy about getting it cut off but, for now, I'm enjoying it. Maybe I'll donate it in the fall as I believe you must not have bob length hair in the summer, that's way too hot. Getting a trim next week as the ends are a bit, well crunchy.

Happy One Monthiversary of busting out of the orphanage!! I wonder, does he think about the orphanage? Does his miss hearing Russian (besides the 5 words I use)? Does he miss all the kids?

7 comments:

  1. I love reading your stories no matter what you say...it always puts a smile on my face...Thanks Trish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Hope you heard good news from the home study agency...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a sucker for dustbuster tales, and anyone else who also has a kid who totally loses it when it's time to get in the car is fine by me. Keep blogging or ELSE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy one month! Happy to see that the like list is longer than the dislikes! Our son used to take his shoes and sometimes socks off every time we got in the car at this age - used to drive me nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When my grandson was Oliver's age, we used to go to Lowe's all the time. It is a great place to let them run (not so at the mall--too crowded)--and lots of tubs and tractors to touch and explore. Can't wait to see new cookie choices!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I get a clarification on the "bob" length hair?

    ReplyDelete
  7. My guess is that he's way too happy w/ you guys to miss much of "before." ';o)

    ReplyDelete