Saturday, February 18

let's get going

Last lenten season I took 40 days to organize our house and push trough a bunch of random projects.  I got my inspiration over here.  Instead of a 40 bags in 40 days project I'm going to do a "dude get on that already" challenge, inspired by my friends over at young house love.  You can call people you have never spoken to friends if read every word of their blog, right?  Totally.

I've got a few things in mind already...

A glider is a chair made for reading with babies, putting babies to sleep, and other siting with baby activities.  I don't have a baby and I only like reading books while laying down.  It has been moved to our bedroom to make more floor space in Oliver's room.  A glider is not master bedroom worthy furniture and must be eliminated.  I got you from craigslist, I can send you right back!  Anyone need a glider? 

We got a table from some friends back in Boston.  It starts our small but you can add like 90/12 leaves to it and feed a football team.  After a move to Lincoln it developed a bum leg and was banished from the office into the basement.  It hitched a ride to with the movers to Kansas City and was banished back to the basement.  Sometime this summer I had the brilliant idea to saw it in half.  What's better than a four legged table with a bum leg?  A two legged table that can't stand at all!  During lent it will find a home.  Either with us or with its other half at the dump.  Stay tuned...

Photos needing printing, a table needing paint, frames needing hanging, new hinges on kitchen cabinets, a bathroom needing a mini facelift, stuff needing spray paint, and a few others shall keep me busy.  Anyone else needing a push to keep up with random projects?  I can't be the only one with unused/unusable/unsightly stuff taking up space, right?

dude get on that already!

1 comment:

  1. As usual, you're my hero! I'll live vicariously through you and your projects! LOL

    ReplyDelete