Details about this year's lenten adventure can be read
here, if you missed it.
Here is the breakdown of what got accomplished this week...
 |
added some tulips to the dining room, okay that's not
a project...they just look nice |
|
1. Want to gain popularity? List something on craigslist. Within moments my email was blowing up with inquiries about the glider I listed. I could easily become addicted to this. Best part, I asked the woman who came to pick it up if she was pregnant or already had a baby. She said she was in the process of adopting a babe from Ethiopia. Ya!
 |
| sold!!! |
|
2. Picture frames filled and hung after a month of waiting around. Looking forward to July when I make it back to Ikea for a few more.
3. I love a good spray painting project. (ignore Oliver's nighttime diapers sunning in the background)
 |
ahhh target clearance
the short one is from years ago and the taller is from a week ago |
|
 |
all you need is spray primer and some color of your choice
|

4. Update hinges. Our kitchen got the bulk of its facelift last year, but I never got around to the hinges. Though I did try on previous occasions. Turns out these hinges required a trip to a special hardware store. If you live in the KC area and need hinges, knobs, numbers for your house, etc. Check out locks & pulls in Overland Park. Amazing! I used all my self control to show the man the kind of hinges I needed and only purchase those 58 items, though I'm sure I'll be back there soon! All new hinges is a bit pricey, but worth it. Also, the special hardware store had prices similar to Lowe's...but better because Lowe's didn't have what I needed. I also changed out the hinges in the laundry room, Oliver's bathroom, and our bathroom.
 |
gold hinges and oil rubbed bronze knobs, no no

attempt at spray painting hinges
turns out not everything can be spray painted
though in my defense it did work in the bathroom

ahhhh just right |
5. Up next, new faucets and lights in our master bathroom. Funny story before you get to the photos. A day before this adventure I was raving on facebook about the joy of FINALLY finding yoga pants in size short. Not capri pants, but actual yoga pants made for short people. They DO have everything at Target. Swoon. So I'm under the sink tightening the faucet and Oliver is chatting with me while chopping up the instructing with his newly developed cutting skills. Paper isn't the most exciting, so while I'm hiding out under the sink he chops a hole in my brand new pants. Whatever, I still wear them way tooooooo often.
 |
| Jim's side, before |
 |
| Jim's side, after |
Have you seen the information about the Russian Adoption Disney Cruise next year? It isn't until July of 2013, but looks like a lot of people already booked. It sounds like a cool trip with the opportunity to meet lots of families with kids adopted from Russia. Let me know if you haven't heard about it and I will send you the information that was sent to me.
ReplyDeleteLindsey
You are a crazy-active renovator! We thought about painting hinges at one time, but abandoned that idea. I'll be installing new ones.
ReplyDelete