Friday, April 1

advice needed...

We have this bush/tree thing in our front yard.

there it is, to the left of the porch




here is the dying portion hiding in back, attractive right?


this is the view of it from the dining room


So here is the question; should it stay or should it go? The outside of our house is being repainted this spring and I think that space would look better with flowers and a non blocked bay window. What are your thoughts...

A. Your partly dead, window blocking tree is awesome! It's not worth your time to hack it down and the bird family currently living in it will peck your eyes out if you try removing it.
B. Get that thing out of there add some colorful flowers and enjoy the extra light that will spill into your dining room.

21 comments:

  1. we have the same problem. we have 3 of them and they are looking just like that. we are going to leave them this year and try to take care of it when we have the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hack it down! Nothing should obstruct a bay window, especially one that is not in need of privacy, like a bathroom or maybe a bedroom. I don't know what the other 2 windows on the front are, but I'm wondering if a "tree" would be better over there. Not that you want to hack a perfectly good hedge, but I do like the look of "layers" or height along the front exterior. Just not that tree in that place. Yes, grab a hack saw and hack away!!! Make that #41 on the list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I go B and say you put a post on Craiglist that someone can have it for free if they remove it..saves you the view and the labor...and even the tree! Bird family not included.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ditto all the other comments. "B" is my vote.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I vote B and Paddy McWhiskers votes B too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to join the majority here and vote B. Even though I really hate to uproot the bird family. Perhaps you can put up a feeder or birdhouse somewhere instead.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those trees get infected with a bug called a spider mite. You just need to have it sprayed when you see that happen. But vote get rid of it too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you guys replanted it in a better area! Save the life of a plant :)

    ReplyDelete